Dear Church Family,
Recent data is showing substantial reductions in COVID-19 case counts, positivity rates, and hospitalizations in our region. As a result, beginning March 17, Second Baptist Church Children’s Ministry will no longer require masks for children in our Children’s Ministry Building or children’s programming.
Masks are now optional for children participating in programming and events but are still required for childcare staff, teachers, and volunteers. We are closely monitoring the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry for updated policies and procedures for childcare staff, which are due to be updated soon.
During Worship Care and Sunday School, our main priority is to have a safe environment for all children and staff. To meet our goal during this time, these policies and procedures will still be in effect.
Families & Children attending must:
- Be fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
We will adhere to the following protocols to ensure the Children’s Ministry Building is as clean as possible:
- Plush toys that are hard to sanitize have been removed from classrooms.
- Each classroom is supplied with various cleaning supplies for teachers to use (disinfecting wipes, disinfecting spray, hand sanitizer, etc.).
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the morning.
- Classrooms and hallways will be disinfected before and after usage.
We will adhere to the following protocols to ensure children have limited exposure while in the Children’s Ministry Building:
- Families must pre-register for both Worship Care and Sunday School each week. A link for registration will go out each Monday morning. For each classroom in the building, we will be able to accommodate 10 children. Worship Care has 6 classrooms (by age) available at both 9 am and 11 am. Sunday School has 6 classrooms by age and 5 classrooms by grade available at 10 am. If you are using both Worship Care and Sunday School, you will need to register for both and each child will need to be registered individually.
- After signing in via KidCheck, you will drop off your child at the Children’s Ministry Building inside the entrance with Childcare Staff who will get them to their classroom. Only adults working in the Children’s Ministry Building will be permitted inside at this time.
- For pick up, WE HAVE CHANGED THE PICK-UP LOCATION to be the same as drop-off. Please have your guardian tag ready and pick up at the main entrance, inside CMB doors.
SAFETY & CHECK-IN
In order to keep all of the children and staff in our care safe, each child must be checked-in via our KidCheck system on the computer or KidCheck app. Upon check-in, each child will be issued a name badge, and the parent will receive a Guardian Receipt. Please hang onto this Guardian Receipt as this is your pass to pick up your child.
If you’re a first-time guest, please go ahead and make a KidCheck profile with each child’s name by going to: https://go.kidcheck.com/signin.aspx. If you’ve had an account in the past, please sign in and make sure all information (including allergies) is up to date. This will save you time on Sunday morning.
We also recommend you download the KidCheck app on your mobile phone. You can access your profile and an electronic version of your Guardian Receipt from the app. (Note: Guardian Receipts only show up in the app when you actively have a child checked in. For safety purposes, they also regenerate each time you check in with a new security code.)
We are so appreciative of all our 2BCKids and families for providing feedback, supporting each other, and being gracious as we all continue to navigate best practices for our children and families. We look forward to all the opportunities for children and families to worship, learn, grow, and pray together this spring!
Your Church Staff