CBFVA’s 25th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, September 8, 2017
Second Baptist Church
9614 River Road Henrico, Virginia 23229
9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Rich Heritage…Bright Future
You are invited to CBF Virginia’s 25th anniversary celebration gathering at Second Baptist Church in Richmond on Friday, September 8! The theme for this milestone meeting is Rich Heritage…Bright Future.
This year’s General Assembly gives opportunity to celebrate the work of CBFVA over the past 25 years. We have shaped the gathering around three movements: past, present, and future. Many surprises await you! Here’s a sneak preview:
- Celebrate the vision and values that birthed CBFVA.
- Remember early leaders in our movement.
- Hear former coordinators Rick Clore and Rob Fox talk about CBFVA during their tenures
- Test your knowledge about CBFVA’s ministry….game style!
- Be inspired by testimonies from folks connected with our ministry.
- Launch the 2017-2018 year for CBFVA.
- Introduce our yearlong focus on Beloved Community.
- Receive a 2017-18 CBFVA ministry planner.
- Learn new language and see new images that describe CBF Virginia.
- Kick-off new ministry initiatives.
- Hear testimonies from our partners and other leaders.
- Envision and anticipate the future with help from CBF Global leaders.
- Reflect upon compelling reasons to journey into the future with CBF & CBFVA.
Our Assembly is structured to give ample time to “tell our story,” hear compelling reasons to partner with CBFVA, spend time fellowshipping and interacting with partners in the Gathering Place, and celebrate God’s good work through CBFVA during worship. We end our celebration with a party. Don’t miss this historic gathering of free and faithful Baptists!
The schedule for our 25th Anniversary Celebration follows:
9:00 a.m. Registration & Coffee/Pastries
9:30 a.m. Welcome
Celebrating Our Past: CBFVA’s Rich Heritage
10:15 a.m. Informal Leader Conversation with Rick Clore & Rob Fox
11:00 a.m. Fellowship – Gathering Place Open
11:45 a.m. Celebrating the Present 1
12:30 p.m. Luncheon
1:15 p.m. Business Session/Recognitions
1:30 p.m. Celebrating the Present 2
2:30 p.m. Anticipating Our Future: CBF Staff Panel Discussion
3:30 p.m. Closing Worship & Communion
4:15 p.m. Celebration Party – Anniversary Cake in Gathering Place
5:15 p.m. Celebration Concludes